The New Zealand Mint’s Disney series is back with a new addition! We’re very pleased to announce – The NEW 2018 Scrooge McDuck Coin, now available in 1oz Silver.
Scrooge McDuck is a fictional character created in 1947 by Carl Barks during his time as a work-for-hire for The Walt Disney Company. Scrooge is an elderly Scottish anthropomorphic Pekin duck.
Named after Ebenezer Scrooge from the 1843 novel ‘A Christmas Carol’, Scrooge is an incredibly wealthy business magnate and self-proclaimed ‘adventure-capitalist’ whose dominant character trait is his thrift. His siblings are Matilda McDuck and Hortense McDuck, the maternal uncle of Della and Donald Duck, the grand-uncle of Huey, Dewey, and Louie, and a usual financial backer of Gyro Gearloose.
“I made my money on the seas, and in the mines, and in the cattle wars of the old frontier! I made it by being tougher than the toughies, and smarter than the smarties! And I made it square!” – Scrooge McDuck (Only a poor old man)
Within the context of the fictional Duck universe, he is the world’s richest person. His ‘Money Bin’ – and indeed Scrooge himself – are often used as a humorous, metonyms for great wealth in popular culture around the world.
Issued by New Zealand Mint as legal tender of the South Pacific island nation of Niue, the reverse of this bullion coin features a charming portrait of Scrooge with a large bag of his own bullion coins, dressed in top hat and Scrooge spats. The coin’s obverse depicts the Ian Rank-Broadley effigy of Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II, the 2018 date, and the monetary denomination.
The Perth Mint’s new Disney coin is available in 1oz Silver. We also do coins in tubes of 10 or 25, so give us a call if this interests you (01769 618 618). The Perth Mint‘s Disney series also includes the 2017 1oz Steamboat Willie Coin, the perfect gift for any Disney fans out there. We have stock in our UK office for immediate despatch so don’t delay, order today!
- Price Inclusive of VAT & Insured Delivery
- UK stock available for immediate dispatch
- Product of the New Zealand Mint
- Limited mintage of just 250,000 coins.
- The reverses feature a brilliant portrayal of Scrooge McDuck, clutching a a huge bag of gold to his chest.
- Obverse features the Ian Rank-Broadley image of HM Queen Elizabeth II
- Part of Niue’s Disney Classics series
- This coin contains 1 oz of .999 pure silver
- The Scrooge McDuck Silver Coin has a face value of $5 and is considered legal tender in Niue.
- Visually beautiful design supplied in brilliant uncirculated condition.
- Order your 1oz Silver Scrooge McDuck.