1oz Silver New Zealand Steamboat Willie Coin, 2017
- Price Inclusive of VAT & Insured Delivery
- UK Stock, Available For Immediate Despatch
- Product of the New Zealand Mint
- Limited mintage of just 250,000 coins.
- Reverse shows Mickey Mouse as he appeared in the opening sequence of the 1928 short film, Steamboat Willie
- Obverse features the Ian Rank-Broadley image of HM Queen Elizabeth II
- Part of Niue's Disney Classics series
- This coin contains 1 oz of .999 pure silver
- The Steamboat Willie Silver Coin has a face value of $5 and is considered legal tender in Niue.
- Visually beautiful design supplied in brilliant uncirculated condition.
Please note - We will keep a limited quantity of these coins on hand, larger purchases may be back-ordered. If your order is back-ordered delivery will usually be within 5-7 working days. Please call to check current in house stock.
The 2017 1 oz Silver Steamboat Willie coin from the New Zealand mint is a must for collectors and cartoon fans. Each coin contains one troy ounce of fine .999 silver and features the iconic Walt Disney character, Mickey Mouse as he appeared in the 1928 animated short film, Steamboat Willie.
Although many people consider the Steamboat Willie cartoon to be Mickey and Minnie's debut, it was actually the third outing for the famous mouse and his girlfriend. However, Steamboat Willie was Mickey's first official appearance. It was also the world's first fully synchronised sound cartoon and became one of the most popular animated films of its time. In 2007, Disney reworked the cartoon's opening scene of Mickey whistling at the helm of his steamboat and it's now used as the introduction to the studio's animated features. The scene is the inspiration for the 2017 Silver Steamboat Willie coin.
The Steamboat Willie coins were introduced in 2014 as part of Niue's Disney Classics series. Each issue has been incredibly popular with collectors thanks to the classic design and limited mintage. Only 250,000 of these beautiful 2017 1oz Silver Steamboat Willie coins will be issued globally so demand is sure to be high.
Bleyer is the leading online bullion dealer for gold, silver, platinum, palladium and rhodium bars & coins. Based in the South West, Bleyer Bullion covers the whole of the UK by phone and online with their friendly, expert consultancy for bullion sales and storage options. Bleyer welcomes UK customers looking for a more personal, comprehensive and competitive physical precious metal dealer. Give our friendly team a call today on 01769 618618 to find the investment solution most suited to your needs. Live Chat Available Monday-Friday 9-5.