The South African Mint’s legendary Krugerrand is back with a new silver edition! We’re very pleased to announce – The NEW 2018 Krugerrand Coin, available in 1oz Silver.
Since it’s introduction in 1967, The South African Krugerrand has been one of the most recognisable collector’s coins in the world. By 1980, the Krugerrand accounted for 90% of the global gold coin market. Gold mining was also one of the main driving forces allowing South Africa to become Africa’s richest and most advanced economy.
It was down to the huge success of the Krugerrand that encouraged other countries to mint and issue their own one ounce gold bullion coins, including the Canadian Gold Maple Leaf (in 1979), the Australian Nugget (in 1981), the Chinese Gold Panda (in 1982), the US Gold Eagle (in 1986), and the British Britannia coin (in 1987).
After making an official debut last year, the South African Mint released a new version of the coin – this time in silver. Based on the original gold Krugerrand design, this coin continues to honor South Africa’s two most recognisable symbols – president Paul Kruger and the iconic South African antelope.
51 years after the original gold release, this special new silver coin was introduced as a ’50th anniversary’ edition. It featured a limited edition mint mark and was incredibly sought after by collectors. One year on, the second year edition also has plenty of appeal for avid investors, as the 2018 coin comes at a reasonable price point for a 1oz silver bullion coin.
The South African Mint’s new 2018 silver Krugerrand has finally arrived and is now available in 1oz Silver. We also do coins in tubes of 10, 25 or Monster boxes, so give us a call if this interests you (01769 618 618). We have a stock in our UK office for immediate despatch so don’t delay, order today!
- Supplied in new brilliant uncirculated quality
- Each 1oz Silver Krugerrand contains 31.1035 grams of fine silver
- Krugerrands are produced by The South African Mint
- Brand new coin dated 2018
- Obverse: Likeness of Paul Kruger, South Africa’s first and only president, along with “South Africa” in Afrikaans and English.
- Reverse: A Springbok antelope, the national animal of South Africa, along with the year of minting, face value and Silver weight.
- Order your 1oz Silver Krugerrand Coin today.