UK 2007 Gold Proof Four-Coin Sovereign Collection Set
This box set contains:
- 1x Gold Proof Half Sovereign (Weight: 3.99, Gold content: 3.66g)
- 1x Gold Proof Sovereign (Weight: 7.98g, Gold content: 7.31g)
- 1x Gold Proof Double Sovereign (Weight: 15.97g, Gold content: 14.64g)
- 1x Five Pound Sovereign (AKA Gold Crown) (Weight: 39.94g, Gold content: 36.61g)
- Original certificate of authenticity
- Pre-owned UK 2007 Gold Proof Set
- Just one set available
- Supplied in good pre-owned condition in original mint packaging with certificate of authenticity
- Sovereigns are constructed of 22 carat gold (91.76% pure gold and 8.33% copper)
- This 4 coin set contains a total of 62.22 grams of fine gold
- Legal tender in the UK, CGT exempt (UK) VAT Free (UK/EC)
- UK Government assurance of weight and purity
- Our prices are inclusive of insured delivery to a UK address
- The reverse of the coin depicts the battle of St George and the Dragon
- Bleyer Bullion is an authorised retailer of Royal Mint products
About the set:
The 2007 Gold Proof Set contains a half-sovereign, a sovereign, a double sovereign and a five pound; each struck in 22 carat gold to the finest proof quality.
Only 1,750 four-coin gold Proof collections were authorised for worldwide distribution.
The reverse designs of the coins in this set feature Pistrucci's St George and the dragon. The shared obverse is Ian Rank-Broadley's portrait of the Queen.
Issued by The Royal Mint, full Gold Sovereigns are one of the most popular and best known gold coins in the world. Gold Sovereigns are sought by both collectors and investors alike, they offer a sense of luxury, history and symbolism that no other coin can match. With its bold St George and the Dragon design, it has become an internationally recognised symbol of unrivalled accuracy, integrity and strength. To this day, it remains trusted, traded, respected and admired the world over.
There have been Sovereigns in circulation since 1489 with the Half Sovereign being first produced in 1544 during King Henry VIII reign. The modern Sovereign Gold coin was first issued in 1817 when the sovereign replaced the Guinea, it became legal tender in the United Kingdom with a face value of £1 Sterling. These days, because the value of the gold used to create the coin is much higher than the face value, the price of the Sovereign is closely connected to the gold spot price which changes each day.
These coins were not just minted in Britain: several mints in Australia, two in India and one in South Africa have produced them in the past. In the present day all sovereigns are all minted by the Royal Mint in the UK. Sovereigns were included in the survival kit of soldiers that fought in World War II and Desert Storm because they have been an internationally recognised form of monetary exchange for 500 years and are trusted the world over. Our clients continue to love them and their size means that they remain versatile and can conceivably still be used as a means of exchange.
The Royal Mint is a national treasure, making beautifully crafted coins and medals for countries all over the world. Over a thousand years of craftsmanship and artistry ensures every piece they strike is a long lasting piece of history.
The Royal Mint is listed as an active Good Delivery Refiner by the London Bullion Market Association.
Bleyer is the leading online bullion dealer for gold, silver, platinum, palladium and rhodium bars & coins. Based in the South West, Bleyer Bullion covers the whole of the UK by phone and online with their friendly, expert consultancy for bullion sales and storage options. Bleyer welcomes UK customers looking for a more personal, comprehensive and competitive physical precious metal dealer. Give our friendly team a call today on 01769 618618 to find the investment solution most suited to your needs. Live Chat Available Monday-Friday 9-5.