- Brand new coins dated 2020 in uncirculated condition
- Price displayed includes insured UK delivery
- These coins are Captial Gains Tax (CGT) Free and VAT Exempt
- Each Gold Sovereign contains 7.3219 grams of gold
- The UK Sovereign Coin is manufactured in 22 carat gold with a 91.76% purity mixed with 8.33% copper
- The Sovereign has been made by The Royal Mint for over 500 years and is internationally recognised all over the world for its monetary value
- Featuring a timeless design, the Sovereign has been used in British currency ever since King Henry VII instructed The Royal Mint to produce a new currency in 1489
- Each coin is supplied in a hard plastic capsule
- Multiples of 25 will be sent in The Royal Mint tubes
- Unlimited mintage minted by The Royal Mint
- Gold Sovereigns are legal tender in the UK with a face value of £1 (GBP)
- The ‘Saint George and the Dragon’ design inspires integrity and strength. The Sovereign is traded, respected and admired all over the world and has been an integral part of UK coin design for many centuries.
Sovereign Coin Background
Gold continues to be desired, as it has been for centuries, for both its beauty and value, sovereign coins are an affordable way to appreciate its precious qualities. Sovereigns are a staple of any UK bullion investors portfolio for many different reasons, issued as UK legal tender, each coin is meticulously struck by The Royal Mint from 22 carat gold.
As well as being highly competitively priced, sovereigns are UK legal tender and hence Capital Gains Tax-free, which is an important factor to consider when choosing what to form of metal to buy. By purchasing UK coins eligible for CGT exemption you can avoid paying tax over the profit you make, the amount of this CGT free profit won’t affect or decrease the limit of tax-free profit on your other investments either.
Sovereign Coin Design
Issued by The Royal Mint, full Gold Sovereigns are one of the most popular and best known gold coins in the world. Gold Sovereigns are sought by both collectors and investors alike, they offer a sense of luxury, history and symbolism that no other coin can match. With its bold St George and the Dragon design, it has become an internationally recognised symbol of unrivaled accuracy, integrity and strength. To this day, it remains trusted, traded, respected and admired the world over.
There have been Sovereigns in circulation since 1489 with the Half Sovereign being first produced in 1544 during King Henry VIII reign. The modern Sovereign Gold coin was first issued in 1817 when the sovereign replaced the Guinea, it became legal tender in the United Kingdom with a face value of £1 Sterling.
The Royal Mint Background
The Royal Mint is a national treasure, making beautifully crafted coins and medals for countries all over the world. Over a thousand years of craftsmanship and artistry ensures every piece they strike is a long-lasting piece of history.
The Royal Mint is listed as an active Good Delivery Refiner by the London Bullion Market Association.
Bleyer is the leading online bullion dealer for gold, silver, platinum, palladium and rhodium bars & coins. Based in the South West, Bleyer Bullion covers the whole of the UK by phone and online with their friendly, expert consultancy for bullion sales and storage options. Bleyer welcomes UK customers looking for a more personal, comprehensive and competitive physical precious metal dealer.
Give our friendly team a call today on 01769 618618 to find the investment solution most suited to your needs. Live Chat is also available during office hours, or you can get in touch with us here.