The Royal Mint’s Landmarks of Britain series is back with a new addition! We’re very pleased to announce – The NEW 2018 Trafalgar Square Coin is now available in 1oz Silver.
Trafalgar Square is a public square in the City of Westminster (Central London) built around the area formerly known as Charing Cross. Its name commemorates the Battle of Trafalgar, a British naval victory in the Napoleonic Wars with France and Spain that took place on 21 October 1805 off the coast of Cape Trafalgar, Spain.
The site of Trafalgar Square had been a significant landmark since the 13th century and originally contained the King’s Mews. After George IV moved the mews to Buckingham Palace, the area was redeveloped by John Nash, but progress was slow after his death, and the square did not open until 1844. The 52 meter Nelson’s Column is at its centre and guarded by four lion statues.
The Royal Mint’s Landmarks of Britain series began with Big Ben (2017) and was followed by the Tower Bridge (2018). Each reverse design was created by talented artists Glyn Davies and Laura Clancy. For the 2018 1oz Trafalgar Square silver coin, they have chosen an impressive view of Nelson’s Column with one of the famous lions in the foreground.
The Royal Mint’s new Landmarks of Britain coin has finally arrived and is now available in 1oz Silver. We also do coins in tubes of 10, 25 or Monster boxes, so give us a call if this interests you (01769 618 618). We have a stock in our UK office for immediate despatch so don’t delay, order today!
- Limited edition coin minted 2018
- UK stock available for immediate dispatch
- The third coin in a series of designs that celebrate some major locations of the UK
- Price inclusive of VAT & insured delivery
- Each 1oz silver Trafalgar Square Coin contains one troy ounce (31.1035 grams) of 999.9 fine silver
- Legal tender in the UK, CGT exempt (UK)
- UK Government assurance of weight and purity
- There is a maximum mintage of 50,000 pieces
- Face value: £2.00 (GBP)
- Single coins will be supplied in hard plastic capsules, multiples of 20 will be supplied in wrapped rolls of capsules.
- Bleyer Bullion is an authorised retailer of Royal Mint products
- Order your 1oz Silver Landmarks of Britain Coin today.