UK Gold Proof Quarter Sovereign Coin, 2009.
- Pre-owned proof coin in perfect condition
- Just one available
- Supplied in fantastic condition with box and COA
- Limited edition coin produced by The Royal Mint
- Each quarter sovereign contains 1.8305 grams of 999.9 fine gold
- Price inclusive of insured delivery to a UK address
- Legal tender in the UK, CGT exempt (UK) VAT Free (UK/EC)
- UK Government assurance of weight and purity
- Bleyer Bullion is an authorised retailer of Royal Mint products
The Quarter Sovereign
In 1853 there was a perceived need for more conveniently-sized coin of five shillings and, in initial trails, attractive little quarter-sovereigns were struck as pattern pieces. The proposal was abandoned probably because the coin was so small it could far too easily be lost between a thumb and forefinger. There was also likely to be the problem that it would wear too fast in circulation as was indeed the case with the half-sovereign.
In 2009 the quarter sovereign was made available to collectors for the very first time.
The Royal Mint is listed as an active Good Delivery Refiner by the London Bullion Market Association.
Bleyer is the leading online bullion dealer for gold, silver, platinum, palladium and rhodium bars & coins. Based in the South West, Bleyer Bullion covers the whole of the UK by phone and online with their friendly, expert consultancy for bullion sales and storage options. Bleyer welcomes UK customers looking for a more personal, comprehensive and competitive physical precious metal dealer. Give our friendly team a call today on 01769 618618 to find the investment solution most suited to your needs. Live Chat Available Monday-Friday 9-5.