1oz Silver Landmarks of Britain, Big Ben, 2017 UK
- Limited edition coin minted 2017
- The first in a series of designs that will celebrate the major locations of the UK
- Price inclusive of VAT & insured delivery
- Each 1oz silver Big Ben Coin contains one troy ounce (31.1035 grams) of 999.9 fine silver
- Legal tender in the UK, CGT exempt (UK)
- UK Government assurance of weight and purity
- There is a maximum mintage of 50,000 pieces
- Face value: £2.00 (GBP)
- Single coins will be supplied in hard plastic capsules, multiples of 20 will be supplied in wrapped rolls of capsules.
- Bleyer Bullion is an authorised retailer of Royal Mint products
The latest addition to The Royal Mint's bullion range draws inspiration from the iconic architecture and features that shape the nation. Big Ben is the first offering in the series of iconic landmarks of Britain range.
The coin depicts the Elizabeth Tower that dominates the skyline at the northern end of the Houses of Parliament. It is said to be one of London’s most iconic and recognisable landmarks. But while the tourists might refer to the clock as ‘Big Ben’, it is actually the great bell inside that bears the famous nickname, possibly used in honour of Sir Benjamin Hall, First Commissioner for Works 1855-1858. The original bell was cast in 1856 but quickly cracked. It was recast in 1858, but was to suffer the same fate. Finally a lighter hammer was used to strike a different section of the still damaged bell, giving us the distinctive sound, a musical note E, we know today. It is a sound that has become an unmistakable thread in the very fabric of British life.
The Royal Mint is a national treasure, making beautifully crafted coins and medals for countries all over the world. Over a thousand years of craftsmanship and artistry ensures every piece they strike is a long lasting piece of history.
The Royal Mint is listed as an active Good Delivery Refiner by the London Bullion Market Association.
Bleyer is the leading online bullion dealer for gold, silver, platinum, palladium and rhodium bars & coins. Based in the South West, Bleyer Bullion covers the whole of the UK by phone and online with their friendly, expert consultancy for bullion sales and storage options. Bleyer welcomes UK customers looking for a more personal, comprehensive and competitive physical precious metal dealer. Give our friendly team a call today on 01769 618618 to find the investment solution most suited to your needs. Live Chat Available Monday-Friday 9-5.