- Pre-owned coins in very good condition, signs of handling on edging
- Images are not of coins available
- Price inclusive of VAT and insured delivery
- Philharmoniker coins are produced by The Austrian Mint
- Each 1oz Silver Philharmoniker contains 31.1305 grams of fine silver
- Face Value: €1.50
- In stock, available for immediate despatch
The Austrian Mint first minted the Philharmoniker in 1989 and it was the first silver coin to be issued in Euros, it is the only large scale silver coin produced as legal tender in Europe. The reverse of the coin features a set of musical instruments (string bass, cellos, violins, a bassoon, harp and Viennese horn) representing the Vienna Philharmonic Orchestra. The obverse design features a pipe organ from within the Musikverein, a concert hall in the Innere Stadt borough of Vienna. This is where the actual Vienna Philharmonic Orchestra plays its music. The German words "REPUBLIK ÖSTERREICH" (Republic of Austria) and "1 UNZE FEINSILBER" (1 ounce pure silver) are also minted on the obverse.
Bleyer is the leading online bullion dealer for gold, silver, platinum, palladium and rhodium bars & coins. Based in the South West, Bleyer Bullion covers the whole of the UK by phone and online with their friendly, expert consultancy for bullion sales and storage options. Bleyer welcomes UK customers looking for a more personal, comprehensive and competitive physical precious metal dealer. Give our friendly team a call today on 01769 618618 to find the investment solution most suited to your needs. Live Chat Available Monday-Friday 9-5.