The Royal Mint's 1oz Gold Lunar 4 Coin Set
This set includes the following first four coins from The Royal Mint's 12 part Shengxiào (Lunar) Series:
- This set contains 4 limited edition 1oz gold coins produced by The Royal Mint
- Contains a total of 124.41 grams of gold
- Due to the popularity of the series, the 2014 horse, 2015 sheep and 2016 monkey are now sold out at The Royal Mint.
- Supplied as new in mint condition
- These coins are classed as Brilliant Uncirculated (They are not proof)
- These coins are UK legal tender with a face value of £100, hence VAT free and CGT free
- Save £5 per coin when you purchase them together in this set
- All mintages include the number eight, considered lucky in Chinese culture.
- Price Fully Inclusive of insured UK postage via next day special delivery
- Bleyer Bullion is an authorised retailer of Royal Mint products
Delivery notes: Please note that we do not currently supply any Royal Mint packaging. These coins are delivered to us in sealed Royal Mint coin tubes, we open the tubes and place the coins in hard plastic capsules for individual resale. If you have any further questions please call during office opening hours on 01769 618 618.
About the Royal Mint's Shengxiào (Lunar) Series
The Royal Mint is a national treasure, making beautifully crafted coins and medals for countries all over the world. Over a thousand years of craftsmanship and artistry ensures every piece they strike is a long lasting piece of history.
"In 2014, The Royal Mint – a great British institution – applied its unrivalled craftsmanship, built over a millennium of minting, to create the first United Kingdom Lunar coin. With contemporary designs celebrating the fascinating animals of the Chinese zodiac, The Shēngxiào Collection celebrates wonderful Chinese traditions in a unique fusion of Chinese and British heritage.
The Year of the Rooster coins are the latest in The Royal Mint’s Shēngxiào Collection, featuring contemporary designs of the animals of the Chinese zodiac. It was launched in 2014 with coins for the Year of the Horse, followed by the Year of the Sheep and the Year of the Monkey. The lunar calendar plays an important role in Chinese culture, helping people choose auspicious days for important events in their lives, such as a wedding day. It also sets out auspicious dates, including Chinese New Year. During these celebrations gifts in red envelopes are often given to family, friends and colleagues symbolising love, luck and good fortune. The coins of The Shēngxiào Collection are a continuation of this ancient gift-giving tradition." The Royal Mint.
The Royal Mint is listed as an active Good Delivery Refiner by the London Bullion Market Association.
Bleyer is the leading online bullion dealer for gold, silver, platinum, palladium and rhodium bars & coins. Based in the South West, Bleyer Bullion covers the whole of the UK by phone and online with their friendly, expert consultancy for bullion sales and storage options. Bleyer welcomes UK customers looking for a more personal, comprehensive and competitive physical precious metal dealer. Give our friendly team a call today on 01769 618618 to find the investment solution most suited to your needs. Live Chat Available Monday-Friday 9-5.